1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Proper Mining Map of All Resources in Planet Arkadia is Needed...

Discussion in 'Mining' started by raynopssgold, Jan 14, 2011.

1. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

Hi guys & gals,

Some of you here might know, that there's two resources maps and charts in PC Forum. By referring on the maps/charts, we can easily find out, which ores/enmatters lying underground of a certain places.

So, I think that we should also make and collect a resources maps and charts for Planet Arkadia as well.

Any comment/feedback is mostly welcomed...

2. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

We could probably work on something like that when Arkadia releases; however I bet it will take awhile as some people will want to keep things a secret as long as possible ;)

3. raynopssgold

Well, you're right in this case, Larkin. However, I won't keep the secret here, as I think it's all for the good purpose of players...

My motto, "Sharing is Caring" :cool:

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well personally i feel it kinda takes the fun out of mining and discovering it for yourself.

5. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Personally I learned long ago not to share things with people other then one or two friends...

I dont mind helping out but there are too many now that dont put the effort forth and just sponge from others work and ped loss finding things. Specially them programs that make a data base of things now. I saw one that actualy charged membership fees for full access to everyone elses data..

If you share with too many then your places will just stay over mined like now on Calypso.

6. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I agree in both cases that people have stated above.

On one hand; yes, sharing is caring.

On the other hand, EU is a competitive universe with a real cash economy. People want some things kept secret.

Idk... it's hard to judge what to do sometimes :S

7. raynopssgold

Aha, fun is always one of the main factors for this game. Also, discovering the new stuffs is very challenging and exciting as well. lol

Yeah, I knew that one program that you're talking here, who charge its members monthly fees. However, it does provide good and complete tracking data to its members.

LOL it sounds like I'm asking you here, "Coffee or tea"? :p

8. krm398

krm398 Member

I voted no..not being mean but I've been on Entropia for a long time, and to be honest, in the long haul, people will not be totally honest with you about anything. I mine exclusively, have since they dropped me in Atlas Haven my first day, and I taught mining in three different soc's, and after that had to share every good spot I showed people with every student..lol. I stopped after that as it became too hard to compete with a dozen others in the same area. For that reason I voted no for a map everyone can use, if they really enjoy exploring and mining let them experience it for themselves.

9. raynopssgold

Hi krm398,

Well, you have the points here. Maybe, we can only update the most common ores/enmatters and let other to find the rare ones? lol

10. Cyborg Bill

I got no probs helping someone learn the system to mine correctly or more efficiantly...Let them develope where they like to do this on their own...besides with the differences in skills and gear between players its rare that everyone will get the same stuff in the same places...

I couldnt find tridenite to save my ass on all the La's that say they have it and still cant..yet pre VU 10 I was getting it like crazy just outside the north gate to Jason center and no one that I know of EVER posted finding it there.

11. raynopssgold

Well said, Trina. Two person with the same OF finder and same prospector level, might find different ores, even though they mining in the same place! Talking about Tridenite, one of my socmates said he found this extremely rare ores in Silver Ridge TWICE before Pre VU 10. After that, there's no more finding in that area...

12. Cyborg Bill

all the ore I could mine before is where its always been.. I just dont find stuff where everyone else does for some reason..

13. raynopssgold

Well, believe it or not, almost 50% of the ores/enmatters have been changed, especially the rare ores/enmatters, after the latest updated of VU 10.

14. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

Indeed they have you can even find blood moss outside of PVP4 :laugh:, never knew that was possible untill I saw the thread about it.

15. Cyborg Bill

You could always find BM on the outside edges of pvp4.. Most people that did kept their mouth shut as to not kill their buisness. Which is exactly why I said what I think on giving away the store.

As far as ore and en's go Onyar what I have found is that MA did not move anything they just added 100 to 400M of land oon top existing spawns in effect simply making them deepr by default to keep up with the addition of bigger finders and enhancers. It was really bad once the big hills were added and they made adjustments to the spawns AFTER that because too many were not finding enough of the ore. the adjustments were mad when crafting started to suffer from lack of common resources. This makes the rares harder to get as much more depth is needed to hit that sweet spot they were placed at not to mention I think they tightened up the depth range on some of them. By that I mean (example) a rare that could be found between 750 and 900m was reset to only being between 825 and 865m now making the chance to hit that depth range even harder.

Hopefully with the crap that is going on at NI with the BM out in open as it is they dont have to do to that what they did years back when they screwed up dunkle in the exact same way. In a matter of weeks it went from rare for skiled miners.. to medium rare where even low skilled players could readily find it back into near obscurity it is at now.

16. raynopssgold

WoW, very well and detailed explanation, Trina. I didn't know that MA narrowing down the rare ores/enmatters's depth to a certain range. Also, the 100-400m deeper depth is totally a "Pain for every miner" lol

17. Chiba

Chiba Member

Voted Yes

Will do my best to post my results of resources location once I go mining at Arkadia

18. raynopssgold

Awesome, Chiba. Hope we can do some contribution to the Arkadia's community :)

19. Cyborg Bill

Do what you guys think you need to do but in the end you will be cutting your own throats. From experience... I tell a friend about a spot and then he tells someone or two,, then they tell one or two.....get the idea.. now that spot is over mined and no one progresses.

I am not in any way saying to NOT help people..I am just sayng try to be smart about it. I have spent a major amount of ped to get where I am, I dont see giving someone with no investment in the game nor them selves the key to the cookie jar. Teaching some one the game is a great thing as everyone needs help. Just giving out info to be nice is not the way to teach someone how to play.

20. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

just don't look at the maps then...
    I think they are a very good idea and should be started immediately at launch day.