1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lot to take in still. But here is My POV.

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Tom Star, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Tom Star

Tom Star New Member

Hi, I started in 2010 played for 2 weeks and got bored of sweating or trying to find people to hang out with. I came back a few weeks ago and came to Arkadia. I read up and started with the noob missions. Those missions are great and you did a good job for new players giving them some items to try.

The Carabok puny mobs are the most talked about mobs for new players skilling up on any planet. Although I get bored with them and go start searching for other things to do. I've even fallen asleep in my recliner swunting them... So far this is the only other planet I've been to. So I don't know how others fair.
    I've played a few different MMOs and there are aspects I do miss and I wish they were here. Like grouping. I wish there could be some kind of need for people to want to group with others. other games you could specialize in Tanking, DPS, Healing, or Crowd Control. (Don't know much about taming here but that is also a class in other MMO.)So people needed your ability. Seems in here everyone just does it all themselves. That's just my opinion. Bring people together and have some way people can group together without worrying about their ped card. People might then bring their friends in to play and group not having to stick them sweating or something.

Seems there is not a giant amount people in the game itself but it has potential to have many.
    I see Planet Arkadia looks to be advertising the most. One thing I'd like to suggest/ask if you thought of. Here where I live with all the free to play MMOs they all have a gamecard. Have they thought about having a $10 or $25 game card that could even have a bonus item on it or something. I would be able to use all of my Best Buy Gift card money to buy them. lol

2. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

Hi and welcome (back) to EU.

With the yesterday launched instances there is the need to group up (or make a team as it is called) because you can not enter if you are not in a team. I have done one yesterday and they are pretty pun to do and because you have to be in a team the 10 levels can be played by a large variety of teams up to 12 people.

Yes, sweating can be very boring indeed, but it is made to be so, because MindArk (the creator of this game, not the planet) wants you to put in some real money. But if you sweat in a group it is much better and gives you the chance to get to know some people and gather information about the game. I would suggest to go and have a look at Celeste Outpost, west of Celeste Harbour, there is usually a group there sweating Nusul.

About the giftcard with bonus item, that has been done in the past, you would get a gun I think if you added money to the game via the card. But the thing is that stuff like this are up to MindArk and not upto Arkadia even though David (the Arkadia CEO) does push good ideas to MindArk, so who knows :)

3. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Problem with instanses imo is that U will once again c ppl mostly soloing this atlest so far. The higher lvs might be impos alone who knows but as it stands now lv 1 to 3 will most likely be solod.
    Guessing it is like this cause of the RCE. Before when playing alot more ppl teamed up for hunts U didnt care as much but back then i could basicly always cover ammo after a hunt this is not the case anymore hence ppl get more carefull.

I do however agree fully. EU is a solo game atm and that do not help the economy one bit as U stand to loose the "casual" gamer that depos like 10 to 20 every month. I think however the PPs might come to change some of this as I do think they are considering things diff then MA that works more in the lines of big bucks fast is best.

4. Tom Star

Tom Star New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. RAZER I'm afraid Ridan is correct with the instances. People are going in solo doing them. I'm hearing they are making a fake team or something to get in.
    Yes, I have deposited. Also gotten about 35 Ped from those freebie sometrics things.
    I've been to Celeste Outpost sweating Nuzul in group. Thing about those is they don't give very much def skill if any. So I have shifted over there when there was a group to hang out. So yeah looks like sweating is the only thing in here that brings people together. Like you said too. Lets hope the PPs help make some positive changes.

5. Tom Star

Tom Star New Member

Just a few Ideas. Team Skill. More team skill would give you more bonus skill gain while in a team. More than 3 people in team have to dmg the mob to even qualify a chance at skill gain.
    Group Quest lines/Missions.
    An interface to LFG based on your skill level.

6. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There are always many teams around which hunt together ...Nusul for example or even bigger ones.....also some Adviser organize sometimes such hunts...the problem is to be at the right time at the right place to find people...sweating is a good thing to make connections and to get in touch with people..and you build evade what is needed for hunting....for the instances...Lee will organize some of lvl 1 runs for newcomers today i think..just search for the post in forum or try to catch her in quarry or the aakas tp......if you get more connections and if you know more people here you´ll find always some to hunt with ...

@btw since it is a game about real cash...........another reason why people sometimes prefer to hunt alone ...

7. Tom Star

Tom Star New Member

Lee actually came to Celeste Outpost while I was sweating before update. She said to be at 8 coins TP at 19:30 i thought it was and no one was there.

8. Skandis

Skandis Member

There are a lot of spontaneous teams on Calypso, as well as arranged teams within societies and by Arkadian advisors.

Most people dislike teaming up with complete strangers since high TT items (like a 200 ped rifle) won't be split but will be given to a single person. That feeling of getting shafted could drive anyone to give up.
    Most people are also not familiar with how the loot system works, but instead believe in "personal lootpools" and such. In other words they feel teaming up negatively affects their looting ability.

9. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

are you sure it was MindArk time and not your local time ??

10. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

I think this was for the instanse run if im not misstaken and confusing ppl but that was postponed. If U look around abit in here U might find the post bout it

11. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Hi Tom, and welcome back to Entropia, to Arkadia and the forum :) I decided to postpone those trips inside the instance for right now, last minute decision before the time last night, due to the server instability issues that were causing folks to get kicked out and not able to get back in to finish without a new key. I just felt it would be better to wait a bit so any newcomers who do sign up to come along would have a higher chance of a positive experience. I did go to the 8Coins tp around the time to try to be sure anyone who didn't realize it was postponed was made aware, but I didn't see anyone either, maybe somehow missed you while afk for a minute, I do apologize.

I do intend to do those as Milena said, not decided yet if tonight or later, but please do sign up on the thread anyone who is interested in going along, and I will post again and spread the word ingame once I'm sure I am ready to go for it!

Edit: it is back on for tonight, check the thread and hope to see you there :)

12. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I've actually talked to MA personal about this and they have a good reason for NEVER having cards except for the few in the past they gave away at Shows (actually found a 50 ped one in my sock drawer this week going to give the code to a newb). It's because they are backed by real money it would cost a fortune to have those cards all accounted for in real cash. And a competitor like Blizzard could basically buy up all the cards not use them and bankrupt MA.

13. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Hi Tom, welcome to Arkadia. I do agree that much of the game is solo, however, I think once you get to the level where you're doing a lot of trading or services, you start to make a lot of contacts, it forces the game to become more social. Not for everyone of course, because you can choose to be a loner and only interact with the auction house, but if you want it to be a social game, you can easily make it so.

In terms of team hunting, a lot of people do it. My advice is to find a good soc that has active team hunts, if that's your thing.

14. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Best advice I can give you is to join a lively society that fits your level. 99% of the team activities I do is with my soc m8's... as I trust them with everything and we are all mostly the same skill/gear and wallet level.