Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Rush Socialite 2012 has been extended!

Gold Rush Socialite 2012 has been extended!

Name:  We're sorry (Forum Sized).jpg
Views: 255
Size:  90.3 KB

COMPETITION UPDATE

In searching for the best way to select a winner for the Gold Rush Socialite 2012 competition, the following items have come to the attention of Arkadia Studios:

a) Selecting a winner randomly from all page "Likes" is, contrary to the findings of our preliminary research, a breach of Facebook Terms and Conditions. When choosing a winner, that winner must be chosen from a specific competition entry.
    b) An admin of a Facebook page is only able to create a list of a maximum of 500 of its fans at once.

This has led to the decision to use a third-party app called Wildfire, which will select a winner at random, from those who enter the promotion specifically.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and are making every effort to ensure that those who have already "Liked" the page as a result of the Gold Rush Socialite 2012 competition, find out about the change. This will include making a post at our Facebook page.

To give everyone a chance to enter correctly, the competition is now being extended until 23:59 CEST on the Tuesday the 9th of October 2012. Instructions for entry are at the bottom of this post.

In addition, the opening post of the Gold Rush Socialite 2012 thread has been updated to reflect the new rules.

If you have any concerns about this change, you are encouraged to email Arkadia Studios at community@arkadiastudios.com.

Good luck!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    To ensure you're in the running for the Alienware X51 Desktop, you will need to do the following:

1. Go to www.facebook.com/planetarkadia and "Like" the page.
    2. Go to the competition page here, click "Enter Sweepstakes" and follow the prompts to completion by 23:59 CEST on Tuesday the 9th October 2012.

Click "Enter Sweepstakes".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	5361

Fill in and confirm your email address + Tick the check box to confirm you are 13 years and above. Click "Submit".

Name:	Step 2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	5362

You're done! Decide to publish it to your wall, share with your friends or skip.

Name:	Step 3.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	5363

RexDameon Rex Andreosn
    Society
    Entropia Pioneers
    Languages
    English
    you know i kinda like this rule change cause well it means only people that like it and didn't hide the feed will actually still be entered :-)

Thanks for being up front about why and things and for not making us wait another month. Is the Cinephile still on schedule when will that be annouced?

Mordrell
    Society
    Supremacy Reign HQ
    Rank
    Private
    Languages
    Afrikaans & English
    Blog Entries
    cool done

Quote Originally Posted by RexDameon View Post
    Is the Cinephile still on schedule when will that be annouced?
    Hi Rex, yes the Cinephile competition is still on schedule. An announcement will be made sometime this week.

Alaina Bonnie Scotia
    Society
    Age of Enlightenment
    Rank
    General
    Languages
    Scottish ;)
    Nice simple and easy

Corrianna Trina Xenophage
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Rank
    Colonel
    Languages
    English
    I have an easy solution...STOP USING FACEBOOK!!!!

Someone pressing a like button is akin to your pet goldfish telling you it loves you.
    They both have the same effectiveness. It is only good in concept not reality.

When yer goldfish tells you it loves you..the people who keep track of strange facts and happenings make money off it AND your picture gets posted into history for that happening.. Ripleys believe it or not I think its called. When some one posts a like Mark Zuckerberg makes money AND you get assimilated into the data mining base he does it with.

In the end it does not help EU/ Planet Arkadia at all when you constantly have to appologise for yet another facebook screw up.

(sorry Cyrus this is not about you at all mate)
    With all the Bullshit in game I wonder how long it will be before MA comes out with a Tampon (L) simply because I have a female avatar.

Entropian Videographer

Larkin Snipes Smith
    Society
    Brainstormers
    Rank
    Colonel
    Languages
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Bill View Post

Someone pressing a like button is akin to your pet goldfish telling you it loves you.
    They both have the same effectiveness. It is only good in concept not reality.

When yer goldfish tells you it loves you..the people who keep track of strange facts and happenings make money off it AND your picture gets posted into history for that happening.. Ripleys believe it or not I think its called. When some one posts a like Mark Zuckerberg makes money AND you get assimilated into the data mining base he does it with.

In the end it does not help EU/ Planet Arkadia at all when you constantly have to appologise for yet another facebook screw up.

(sorry Cyrus this is not about you at all mate)
    I completely disagree with you and think that Facebook can be a useful tool to help promote the game. Just because a disproportional amount of Entropia players dislike using Facebook (from what I've seen), doesn't mean that it automatically becomes a bad platform to use. Facebook has what, almost 1 billion users? It seems silly not to promote at least a few contests through there, with the hopes that some Entropia users pass along the message to their friends to check out the game. At the least, it's a very public place and chances are that people will find out about Planet Arkadia through Facebook in the future, whether it be through contests or another matter.
    Last edited by Larkin; 10-03-2012 at 14:33.

Ron Danton Thetin
    Society
    Dark Knights Squires
    Languages
    German, English
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Bill View Post
    Have had same thoughts about that but found a solution (for me) to be prepared for such things.
    Avatar account with no RL relation, virtual machine seperated from all other stuff, done. If not want to setup a VM for that use seperate Browser *only* for FB and kill *all* cookies after each visit. Only thing they get from you is your IP, but in my case I can get a new one every minute if I want.

This helps me to not longer become angry when something I like (by example Arkadia..) starts to make use of FB.

Cu
    Ron
    Last edited by Danton; 10-03-2012 at 14:52.

Nor Alien Euqcab
    Society
    The Gathering
    Rank
    Worker
    Languages
    Broken English
    Im not a facebook fan and choose not to use it, but I have to agree that if you are advertising a game, use any outlets available. Good luck to the contestants!!

Blue Eve
    Languages
    English
    This is so cool.
    Entering now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast