Magurg ANNIHILATION
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Arkadia Update 2012.5 Release Notes (28th Aug 2012)

Planet Arkadia Update 2012.5 Release Notes (28th Aug 2012)

Name:  Update 2012_5.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  203.4 KB

LET THE GOLD RUSH BEGIN!

First three instances under the ancient city of Aakas!

EUREKA!

Do you call yourself a Treasure Hunter? Then join Arkadia Gold Rush 2012!

Read all about the new annual event, the Arkadia Gold Rush 2012, in the main even thread here.

There are ELEVEN new instances. 3 of them are ready to explore immediately, and the remainder will be available with the next patch (scheduled for next week). Remember to bring your Arkadian Keys, your team mates and your society!

New Annual Event!
    Arkadia Gold Rush 2012
    There are plenty of activities to take part in, with eight Alienware X51 Desktop machines to win!

• Gold Rush Millionaire 2012 - find the Arkadian Golden Key, use it or trade it for 1,000,000 Arkoins!
    • Gold Rush Cinephile 2012 - win an Alienware X51 Desktop!
    • Gold Rush Socialite 2012 - win an Alienware X51 Desktop!
    • Gold Rush Industrialist 2012 - win an Alienware X51 Desktop! 1 crafting global = 1 entry!
    • Gold Rush Prospector 2012 - win an Alienware X51 Desktop! 1 mining global = 1 entry!
    • Gold Rush Warrior 2012 - win an Alienware X51 Desktop! 1 hunting global = 1 entry!
    • Gold Rush Arkoin Baron 2012 - win an Alienware X51 Desktop! Three to be won!
    • Gold Rush Evangelist 2012 - win an Arkadia Forum Gold Membership!

New Content!

• New Teleporter at the ruins of the ancient city of Aakas, 11180, 9788.
    • Instances under the ruins of Aakas, entrance near the new Aakas Teleporter. First three are open immediately, remaining instances to be opening with the next patch (scheduled for next week).
    • A range of new items have been added, including:
      • Arkoin - a newly discovered stackable item which seems to mainly be found in the Aakas instances
      • Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint
      • Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint (L)

• A Viewing Gallery has been added next to the starting area of the racetrack northwest of Formidable Firebase Academy.
    • A Media Centre has been added to the IFN Supply Depot at 30897, 13314
    • Four new tracks have been added to the generic music list
    • Ambience sound has been added to the Celeste Harbour server
    • Particle effects have been added to some mobs

Fixes

• General bug fixes
    • Adjustments have been made to Riptor Spawns
    • Hoverpods have been adjusted for greater stability

Known Issues

• Instances currently play generic music, but will have their own music soon.
    • Most new creatures in the Aakas instances currently have no sound effects. This will be rectified in the next patch, scheduled for next week.
    • Currently only three of the ten instance levels are operational. The remaining instances will become operational in the coming patch.
    • The media centre's event terminal has a life of its own, and believes it is a trade terminal. Its AI will be dialled down in the next patch, where it will be operating as required.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus | Arkadia View Post
    [*]Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint[*]Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint (L)

I could not find a slot for the Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint in the tools BP book. If there is no slot for it in the book how can it be crafted? Could you please double check it is in the game?

Yao-Te WildHeart Huang
    Society
    *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation
    Rank
    Leader advisor
    Languages
    Chinese, English
    I wish my quad can do warp flight too. Bought too much stuff so have to go to Calypso to sell yesterday. Now i'm Flying back to my home while others having fun in instances and discovering new stuff
    Everyone knows Taiwan is an independent country, right?

Max Erdes Jino
    Society
    Age of Enlightenment
    Languages
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus | arkadia View Post

• the media centre's event terminal has a life of its own, and believes it is a trade terminal.

rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    I could not find a slot for the Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint in the tools BP book. If there is no slot for it in the book how can it be crafted? Could you please double check it is in the game?

Hi George, thanks for the feedback. We are investigating the issue and will get back to you.

Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Grinders
    Languages
    English
    Cyrus: after a couple month of treasure hunting with very low numbers of treasure drops, these instance come and drop 3 armour parts (that i know of) within an hour or two which had previously been found while treasure hunting.

Is there any point to treasure hunting now? is it a dead system already? or can u give us some good news about it?

Hi again guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    It appears the Arkadian Golden Key Blueprint has not been included in the release. We apologise for any inconvenience, and are assured it will be available in the patch next week.

Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    Cyrus: after a couple month of treasure hunting with very low numbers of treasure drops, these instance come and drop 3 armour parts (that i know of) within an hour or two which had previously been found while treasure hunting.

Is there any point to treasure hunting now? is it a dead system already? or can u give us some good news about it?
    On the contrary, Treasure Hunting (which as you know is more than mining!) has just been enhanced. The mined "Treasure" resources will now be in greater demand. Treasure drops will continue from mining. We have simply added another way to hunt for treasure. Basically, it is the opposite of dead. For Arkadia, this is another step in coming to life!

Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Grinders
    Languages
    English
    Cut the spin Cyrus and answer the question.

Treasure 'hunters' are finding treasure at an insane level more than treasure 'miners'. As for the resources, you may aswell have just added those to the regular ore/energy finds and forgotten about the 'treasure hunting' beacuse u get a 'something out of the ordinary' so rarely that's it's almost pointless.

Since treasure hunting started there's been 5 liakon parts found mining and in the past couple of hours there's been 4 found hunting. Mah'kette seems not so bad at 11 v 4, but considering the time scale involved it's still crazy.

I like the idea of the instances but u really need to put a LOT of thought into the mining side of things because treasure 'mining' is pointless if u want to find treasure.

Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Grinders
    Languages
    English
    Actualy, at the rate those armour parts are been found in the instances i'd be surprised if there isn't a problem with the loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus | Arkadia View Post
    On the contrary, Treasure Hunting (which as you know is more than mining!) has just been enhanced. The mined "Treasure" resources will now be in greater demand. Treasure drops will continue from mining. We have simply added another way to hunt for treasure. Basically, it is the opposite of dead. For Arkadia, this is another step in coming to life!
    well, i am going to add my voice to slither's, with the treasure dropping at the rate it is from hunting in instances compared to the rate this stuff was dropping with mining i really dont see the point in treasure mining and i really dont know what you guys were thinking, treasure mining looked to be something special but now it seems pretty pointless.
    im just glad i waited for the main part and that my storage isnt full of junk resources only good to feed the TT with :P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast