Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Arkadia Update 2011.5 (9th August 2011)

Planet Arkadia Update 2011.5 (9th August 2011)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Planet Arkadia Patch.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	1611

Attention Arkadian Colonists:

ORATAN ALERT!!!

The IFN has received reports of the sudden appearance of several Oratan camps in remote areas of the continent of Sentosa. According to Commodore Toan Harvir, “This sudden desire by the enemy to occupy territory marks the first change in strategy that we have seen”. More insight into the situation can be found in story instalment 4.1.

ECONOMIC AND RESOURCE OVERHAULS

At the request of the IFN, PTech has made major overhauls to its resource detection software. Miners can now expect a completely different distribution and availability of resources across the entire continent of Sentosa.

The PTech upgrades, made with the knowledge gained from the first months of Arkadian mining, are part of the IFN’s aim to ensure Arkadia is able to sustain itself without the need of Imperial Federal aid. In accordance with this policy, the IFN has directed Arkadia’s technology suppliers to reconfigure their product blueprints to more effectively utilise locally available resources.

NEWS FROM THE ACA

Under direction from the IFN, the Arkadian Colonial Administration (ACA) has been active in recruiting Arkadia Advisers, as part of its drive to welcome new colonists and help them through the early stages of life on their new home planet. To make these personnel easier to find, at places such as the new Celeste Quarry area, the ACA will be presenting the Arkadia Advisers with a special high-visibility vest.

The ACA has recently completed construction of a new roadway from Celeste Harbour to Celeste Quarry as well as some additional infrastructure upgrades to the Quarry itself. During the final stages of construction, the ACA reported the sudden appearance of a previously unknown flightless bird, which has been named “Ostelok”, near the Quarry.

Scientists are currently puzzling over the reason for this, and the fact that it seems to have coincided with reported sightings of another bird species spreading further up the east coast. Classified as “Feran”, this flight capable creature has been sighted to the north near Ocean Lookout and Taipan Digsite.

The two species don’t seem to be related but several in the scientific groups are querying whether it is a coincidence that they have appeared at the same time as the Oratan Camps were discovered…

SCAVENGER HUNT!

An arriving equipment supply ship carrying Trade Terminal supplies was recently attacked over the Celeste Harbour area, and its cargo has been scattered across the landscape. For more information, please read the Scavenger Hunt event thread at Planet Arkadia Forum, as well as instalment 4.1 of the story!

RELATED NEWS

Arkadia Studios advises some further updates to colonist software:

• Refined Ore, Energy Matter and Animal Leathers now weigh less.
    • Several pieces of vegetation have updated textures
    • All terrain types have had a texture overhaul

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

VERSION UPDATE SUMMARY

• New creature: Feran, along east coast, Ocean Lookout and Taipan Digsite
    • New creature: Ostelok, near Celeste Quarry
    • Several Oratan Camps sighted. IFN investigating
    • Blueprints revised to use only resources that can be found on Arkadia
    • Planet-wide changes to resource distribution and availability
    • Arkadia Advisers now have high-visibility vests
    • Road has been constructed from Celeste Harbour to Celeste Quarry
    • Celeste Quarry has been upgraded
    • Refined Ore, Energy Matter and Animal Leathers now weigh less
    • Several pieces of vegetation have updated textures
    • All terrain types have had a texture overhaul
    • Improved run animations for Kiana, Kadra and Korwil

Issues Fixed

Minor improvements to sounds.
    Bridge Support Pillars now show their complete length on lower graphics settingS

Known Issues

• Weapon sounds can vary from shot to shot on some weapons.
    • Archaeological society does not like people sitting on some of their chairs and sofas.
    • Limited Blueprint Book cannot be coloured or textured.
    • Some types of eyewear can appear outside or on top of the Armour Helmet.
    • Skin from some face/head shapes can be seen when wearing Armour Helmet.
    • Televators in buildings may link to the building next door in rare cases.
    • Feran are afraid of getting too close to the ground.
    Last edited by Snape; 05-29-2012 at 08:43.

Usurper Adamas Sheridan
    Society
    Planet Express
    Great update. looking forward (sort of) to finding out where the resources are.

However, when I see this....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus - Community Manager View Post
    • Weapon sounds can vary from shot to shot on some weapons.
    • Archaeological society does not like people sitting on some of their chairs and sofas.
    • Limited Blueprint Book cannot be coloured or textured.
    • Some types of eyewear can appear outside or on top of the Armour Helmet.
    • Skin from some face/head shapes can be seen when wearing Armour Helmet.
    • Televators in buildings may link to the building next door in rare cases.
    • Feran are afraid of getting too close to the ground.
    I notice some of these Known issues are the same as the last update.
    Please do not fall into the MA/FPC/SDS way of doing things buy ignoring known bugs patch after patch.

We all love the work you're doing and you guys are great.

Vintage Yquem Port
    Society
    Freelancer
    Rank
    General
    Languages
    Danish, English
    Good news. Waiting to take a look at Korwils

TrisBruce Bolivar
    Society
    Dark Knights Squires
    Rank
    Colonel
    Languages
    English
    Haven't been to Arkadia for some time.. Do any of the mobs make (cool) sounds yet?

Dylan DoubleDown Dash
    Society
    Raiders of the Ark
    Rank
    Leader
    No mention of new BPs, which Dave had stated would be in. What gives??

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    No mention of new BPs, which Dave had stated would be in. What gives??
    I didn't say new BP's would be in, I said the BP's were getting a rework. However, I can say there are still many blueprints that have been in game since launch that are yet to be discovered. I have no doubt that crafters on Arkadia will really like the changes made with this VU.

Dylan DoubleDown Dash
    Society
    Raiders of the Ark
    Rank
    Leader
    Thanks for the fast response and sorry if I misunderstood. Can you tell me if amp BPs higher than level 1 are in? I have spots in my book for up to tier 5, but after hundreds of attempts, no BPs. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Dylan; 08-09-2011 at 09:19.

Sounds like it is time to log in again

looks like a cool update!

cheers,
    B

Quote Originally Posted by David Dobson - CEO View Post
    I didn't say new BP's would be in, I said the BP's were getting a rework. However, I can say there are still many blueprints that have been in game since launch that are yet to be discovered. I have no doubt that crafters on Arkadia will really like the changes made with this VU.
    In the video posted a day or two ago there was clothes BPs mentioned for this release...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Thanks for the fast response and sorry if I misunderstood. Can you tell me if amp BPs higher than level 1 are in? I have spots in my book for up to tier 5, but after hundreds of attempts, no BPs. Thanks again.
    If a BP has a slot in the Arkadia Books it means the blueprint is in game, doesn't mean it's been discovered yet though. Well worth re-looking at the recipes of your BP's after the update.

Edit: It's been pointed out correctly that the texture BP slots are in game but the BP's are not yet in game. My apologies for the error. I'm hopeful to have some good news regarding texture BP's very soon. Dave
    Last edited by David | Arkadia; 08-11-2011 at 03:43.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast