Arkadia Studios wishes all Arkadians a very Merry Christmas, wherever you are in the universe!
While we are happy to have spent the last 12 months working to make Arkadia a better place, we are even happier that we have an incredibly supportive community of colonists!
We really appreciate your ongoing feedback and patience with everything we do, partly because it makes our job much more enjoyable and satisfying, and partly because it means the end result is a better Arkadia!
We hope to continue into the new year with more great content, and we look forward to sharing it with you, our friends, customers, colonists and supporters.
To the Planet Arkadia Forum moderation team, you guys have made a big difference to how our community operates. The notorious ban-hammer-wielding Snape and admin guru vantastic are well supported by stalwarts like Larkin and TimUnleashed. Lee DeLioncourt, thank you for your passion and commitment while you were a mod. A big welcome to Jenny Ferr, the newest member of the team. We know they'll be making you feel right at home, and continuing to make Arkadia Forum a great place to hang out.
To the Arkadian Colonial Administration, it's been a nice, solid year of administrating. You keep it up there. Good work, and Merry Christmas!
To Commodore Harvir and all those at the IFN, we salute you and thank you for making sure our planet is safe to live on!
To Eric the IFN Christmas Elf, thank you for making sure all the IFN soldiers at the Firebases are kept fed and happy while they're away from their families this Christmas, and thank you for our Elf hats! Merry Christmas!
Christmas time is a good time to sit down and review the year, and to think about the next one.
Here is a list of the more important upgrades to life as an Arkadian, that have happened during calendar year 3009 (as the story goes!).
- Introduction of an extensive new player experience
- New creatures (apart from those discovered in the instances):
- Oratan Slasher
- Oratan Lancer
- Reconstruction of Kadra, Teladon and Kamaldon
- Chris | Arkadia!
- Introduction of Treasure Hunting
- Kai Tero's uncovering of the instances that lay beyond the jaws of the Riptor near the ruins of the ancient city of Aakas
- Some important discoveries of ancient artefacts and clues to Arkadia's history, as well as ancient weapons and armour
- Discovery of ancient energy signature technology that has allowed colonist production of instance keys
- Arkadia Gold Rush, and annual event like no other, with heaps of amazing prizes!
- Introduction of the Media Centre at the IFN Supply Depot
- Introduction of the Racetrack near Formidable Firebase Academy, complete with viewing gallery
- Release of a full range of clothing and furniture
- Oratan wave spawns at Oratan Camps around Sentosa
- Introduction of ACA Challenge missions
- Release of Herman Industries' RAW and SIR rifle series
- Improvements to the terrain around Celeste Quarry
- Introduction of the Arkadian Adviser program by the Arkadian Colonial Administration (ACA)
- Discovery of the Eron Soul long range crossbow series
Speaking of the future, there's not too much we can release just yet, but we do plan to keep our colonists as informed as we can about what's happening.
Herman Industries plans to release some more weapons to fill in the "SIB gaps" that emerged recently when SIB changes were made to the existing range, but we can't say more just at the moment. Watch this space though!
To all our loyal supporters everywhere in the world, Arkadia Studios wishes you a very merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and hopes you are enjoying Riptor Rampage! We plan for 2013 to be even better!